We are a Not for Profit Charity, proudly serving the needs of the Community throughout Ireland since 1876
Nazareth House Nursing Home, Sligo is a modern, purpose built centre that opened in 2007. It replaced an older nursing home building on the site that had been operational since 1910. Residential care is provided for 70 male and female residents who require long-term care or who require care for short periods due to respite, convalescence, dementia or palliative care needs. Care is provided for people with a range of needs: low, medium, high and maximum dependency.
The centre is located in Sligo town and is a short walk from bus services and the train station. The building is divided into two residential units- Holy Family and Larmenier. Both units are organised over two floors and accommodate 35 residents. Each unit provides an accessible and suitable environment for residents.
Bedroom accommodation consists of 30 single and 20 double rooms all of which have ensuite facilities that include toilets, showers and wash hand-basins. There are additional accessible toilets located at intervals around the units and close to communal rooms. Sitting/dining areas are located on each floor. A range of other communal areas are accessible to the units and include an chapel, a coffee dock, gallery area, library, reminiscence room, gardens and a shop that provide additional spaces for residents’ use. The home provides a high standard of compassionate, dignified person centred care in accordance with evidence based best practice. The staff seek to develop, maintain and maximise the full potential of each resident.
Linda Hallett (Director of Nursing) & Sister Victoire Mulligan (Superior Sligo)